Latest added in the Whisky news category

Springbank Society February 2018 Releases – Scotch Whisky News

February Releases We are delighted to announce the imminent release of two new Springbank bottlings and the next chapter in our Longrow Red series. Springbank 12yo cask strength 56.3% Springbank 25yo 46% Longrow Red 11yo Cabernet Franc 55.9% These products are available to purchase in the UK from tomorrow (8th February). The email you are […]


Exclusive Malts Batch #15 Has Arrived! – Scotch Whisky News

Exclusive Malts Batch #15 is Here, and it’s Amazing! The 15th batch of Exclusive Malts has arrived and it’s incredible! Eight amazing distilleries offer the spread of Scotland, while adhering to the highest standards of cask strength, non-chill filtered single cask expressions. We hope you enjoy tasting them as much as we enjoy bringing them […]


The Macallan Classic Cut, a truly indulgent limited edition – Scotch Whisky News

Introducing The Macallan Classic Cut, 2017 release; the first in a new series of annual releases created to celebrate The Macallan’s extraordinary character and unrivalled commitment to the mastery of wood and spirit. Matured exclusively in hand-picked exceptional oak casks seasoned with Oloroso sherry from Jerez, Spain, this unique Macallan single malt has been bottled […]


Loch Fyne Whiskies “Octomore Masterclass_08.4 Virgin Oak” – Scotch Whisky News

Octomore Masterclass_08.4 Virgin Oak This 8 year old Islay single malt from Bruichladdich’s Octomore range is the fourth release in the Octomore Masterclass series. Distilled in 2009 from that year’s harvest, peated to 170ppm, 20% of the spirit was matured for the full term in first-fill virgin oak casks, with the remaining 80% in first-fill […]


Yet another Bunnahabhain session

Bunnahabhain 2009/2017 (59%, Gordon & MacPhail, Cask Strength, 1st fill sherry hogsheads, casks # 326, 327, 329) – Bunnahabhain 2009/2017 (60.5%, Gordon & MacPhail, Cask Strength, 1st fill sherry hogsheads, casks # 323-325) – Bunnahabhain 27 yo 1989/20…


JAMES MARSDEN, SHANINA SHAIK AND SUKI WATERHOUSE LEAD GLOBAL CELEBRATIONS FOR SECOND ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL SCOTCH DAY – Scotch Whisky News

JAMES MARSDEN, SHANINA SHAIK AND SUKI WATERHOUSE LEAD GLOBAL CELEBRATIONS FOR SECOND ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL SCOTCH DAY  EDINBURGH, FEBRUARY 6th 2018:  Scotch, the world’s favourite whisky, will be celebrated across the globe on Thursday February 8th with a series of red carpet, star-studded events to mark International Scotch Day. International Scotch Day is a celebration of […]


Glenmorangie celebrates its 175th anniversary with multi-million pound investment – Scotch Whisky News

Glenmorangie celebrates its 175th anniversary with multi-million pound investment Single malt whisky eyes next 175 years with plans for a new still house Glenmorangie today marks 175 years of exceptional whisky creation by announcing its plans for a new still house. Funded by a multi-million-pound investment from The Glenmorangie Company, the expansion is designed to […]


The Whisky Exchange “Glenmorangie Spios – Private Edition No.9″ – Scotch Whisky News

Dr Bill Lumsden and Brendan McCarron introducing their latest creation – Glenmorangie Spios Glenmorangie‘s Dr Bill Lumsden – director of distillation and whisky creation – likes to experiment. While some of the distillery’s Private Edition releases – his yearly chance to showcase the whiskies he has been tinkering with over the past 20 years – […]


1995 Bowmore 22 Year Old K&L Exclusive “Sovereign” Single Barrel Cask Strength” – Scotch Whisky News

One of the hardest things to do as a retailer/importer is to temper your enthusiasm (I’m terrible at it) when making a large purchase. One question that often arises is how much of the pleasure we derive from tasting is due to the quality of the liquid itself, and how much it comes from the […]


Let me introduce you to your new Valentine…Macallan 15yo Fine Oak at The Whisky Shop – Scotch Whisky News

Fall in Love this February Valentine’s Day is on the horizon, but before you write out your cards we’ve got some recent arrivals we’d like to introduce you too. Who knows – you may just find a new love! Next day UK delivery available International Shipping New Macallan 15 Year Old Fine Oak Matured in […]