Glenfarclas Distillery is situated in Ballindalloch, Scotland. Glenfarclas translates as meaning valley of the green grass. The distillery is owned and run by the Grant family. The distillery has six stills which are largest on Speyside and are heated directly by gas burners.
The distillery has a production capacity of around 90,000 litres of finished whisky per year. Normally four stills are used for production with two kept in
The distillery was first granted a licence in 1836 when it was run by Robert Hay. In 1865 it was bought by John Grant and is still owned and run by his descendants, making it truly independent.